PANCETTA CRISPS WITH GOAT CHEESE AND STRAWBERRIES
- AUTHOR: STONE HOLLOWFARMSTEAD
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- YIELD 12 APPETIZER SERVINGS
CRISP SLICES OF PANCETTA TOPPED WITH STONE HOLLOW FARMSTEAD GOAT CHEESE, FRESH CHOPPED ARUGULA AND STRAWBERRY JALAPENO JAM TOPPED WITH A SLICE OF FRESH STRAWBERRY AND BASIL MICROGREENS TO PRESENT AN EASY AND ELEGANT APPETIZER.
12 THIN PANCETTA SLICES
12 TEASPOONS OF SOFT FRESH GOAT CHEESE (BE GENEROUS)
FRESH ARUGULA, CHOPPED
STONE HOLLOW STRAWBERRY JALAPENO JAM
FRESH STRAWBERRIES, SLICED
FRESH BASIL MICROGREENS
- COOK PANCETTA: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place pancetta in a single layer on large-rimmed baking sheets. Bake pancetta until crisp and nicely browned, 12-15 minutes. Drain pancetta crisps on paper towels and let cool for 15 minutes.
- TOP AND SERVE:Transfer pancetta crisps to a serving dish. Top each crisp with 1 teaspoon goat cheese, fresh chopped arugula, a dollop of strawberry jalapeno jam, strawberry slice and microgreen basil.
ENDIVE STUFFED SALMON
- AUTHOR: STONE HOLLOW FARMSTEAD
- PREP TIME:30 minutes
- COOK TIME:15 minutes
- YIELD 8 APPETIZER SERVINGS
DESCRIPTION: This elegant first course features a perfect partnership between slightly bitter endive, creamy farmers cheese, and sweet lime juice.
16 BELGIAN ENDIVE LEAVES (ABOUT 2 HEADS)
1/3 CUP FARMERS CHEESE, ROOM TEMP
1 CUP GRILLED WILD CAUGHT SALMON, BROKEN APART
3 TABLESPOONS FRESH DILL, CHOPPED
½ TABLESPOON MINCED GARLIC
1 LIME, SLICED
2 CUPS SLICED AND CHOPPED CABBAGE
4 TABLESPOONS FARM FRESH YOGURT
1-2 TABLESPOONS PREPARED HORSERADISH
4-5 STONE HOLLOW PICKLED RED ONIONS, CHOPPED (OR FRESH)
CAPERS FOR GARNISH
Prepare the endive, wash and separate
Blend the farmers cheese with minced garlic and dill
Chop the pickled or fresh red spring onions
Grill the wild caught salmon, remove skin and blood line post grilling
Prepare the slaw by mixing the sliced and chopped cabbage, yogurt and horseradish. Salt and pepper to taste. Add a dash of lime juice and mix again.
Fill the endive leaf with 1 teaspoon of farmers cheese, generously top with salmon, top with a generous teaspoon of slaw and chopped spring onions, squeeze a bit of lime juice over the stuffed endive and garnish with capers.